Histotechnologist Tech I- Full-Time (MidNight)
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion-to
"also treat the human spirit." The Laboratory Department seeks a
Histology Technician I to support the delivery of patient care by
performing histology techniques that are utilized in the diagnosis,
treatment and prevention of disease.
In this role, The Histo Tech I will support the delivery of
patient care by performing histology techniques that are utilized
in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Performs histology processing including embedding, microtomy
and manual/automated staining in accordance with standard operating
procedures and accreditation requirements.
- Demonstrates the organizational skills required to complete
work assignments within the time scheduled.
- Performs routine maintenance duties to support the functions of
the department including, unpacking supplies, scheduled equipment
maintenance, cleaning of workspaces and equipment. Recognizes and
resolves minor problems with automated devices.
- Conducts and documents established quality control procedures
on equipment and reagents. Recognizes unacceptable quality control
results. Implements and documents appropriate corrective
- Distributes case material and stores slides and blocks to
- retrieval of material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of
Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and
effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems
and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer
satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of
service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work
experience or education
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Registered Histotechnician (ASCP)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Other: Experience in histology techniques, including the
ability to embed tissue, and perform
- special stain techniques and microtomy. Ability to prioritize
workflow efficiently. Available to
- work weekends, holidays, or rotating shifts
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Berwyn , Histotechnologist Tech I- Full-Time (MidNight), Other , Berwyn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!