Company: Illinois Cancer Specialists
Posted on: October 13, 2021
- Monday - Friday Health Benefits included and no weekend hours.
We offer a friendly and inclusive environment with opportunities
for career growth and learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and
supervision of a physician. Assists physician with exams and
- Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures. Completes all
chemotherapy charge forms. Assures pre-authorization and
appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and
maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration of
chemotherapy medications to include, but not limited to:
venipuncture, central line access and infusion devices.
- Programs portable infusion pumps for continuous drug delivery
and provides instruction to the patient and/or caregiver in the use
of the pump at home.
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and
medication administration in the patient chart. Communicates all
pertinent information and any interventions to the physician.
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient
fee slips. Acts as a resource person to the medical assistants.
Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- Managers patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents,
biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with
a blood borne pathogen. Maintains patient confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional
nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Oncology experience highly desired.
- RN State license and current registration with the
State Board of Nursing in IL.
- Current BLS Certification
Keywords: Illinois Cancer Specialists, Berwyn , Oncology Nurse, Other , Berwyn, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!